Virtual Landlines are simply the common name used to describe the modern product of business and consumer telephone landlines supplied over reliable IP technology. Traditionally, telephone landlines were supplied and delivered to organisations via copper cabling. With the deregulation of telecoms markets today, most modern businesses source their landlines or “Virtual Landlines” from approved, independent telecoms providers over IP technology which essentially means via their Internet connection.
A virtual landline number is the primary incoming telephone number used by businesses to communicate with the outside world, it is prevalent on most organisations marketing including; websites, business cards, and email signatures. A business landline number is the method that your customers use when contacting you, calling for support, or requesting additional services. It is the lifeblood of modern-day businesses and for this reason, a reliable, cost-effective and feature-rich business landline solution is critical for successful operations. United Telecoms’ virtual landlines can be up and running within hours, provide exceptional reliability, an array of features and the ability to reduce your organisations telecoms costs.
All you need is an internet connection (new or existing). You can use any reliable, stable internet connection including 4G/LTE, 5G, Fibre, ADSL, Wireless or Satellite. No Telkom lines are required for the service to run.
The virtual landline is set up remotely and can be activated on the same day as sign-up. The landline is set up within minutes by our in-house technical team; thereafter simple instructions are sent to the user to download and set up the app on their smartphone.
Yes, our system allows you to receive unlimited incoming calls. If you are on a call and cannot answer incoming calls, our auto attendant system will be required. An auto-attendant acts as a virtual receptionist and can place calls onto a pre-determined holding message, allowing for multiple callers to be placed in a virtual queue. We recommend providing a customised “on hold” message for your clients while they wait to speak to you, ensuring they understand that you will answer shortly, as well as passing on relevant marketing information to the waiting callers.
The user experience is simple and intuitive. You can make and receive calls on any compatible IP desktop telephone, your smartphone or PC, or any combination of these devices. If using the softphone PC-based extension, we recommended purchasing a simple, hands-free headset to ensure a high-quality end-user experience.
The virtual landline subscription fees are for the virtual landline and smartphone application only, this price includes your landline number and access to the virtual landline extension application. We do offer Yealink IP Phone handsets at an additional cost for users who prefer to have a traditional desk-based phone. The package does not include airtime or data, this is sold additionally.
1. Check if call usage costs are included as a bundled fee or charged separately per call.
2. Many providers charge per minute call rates and/or a connection fee. Per-minute call rates increase the call charges as a 15-second call will still be charged for a full minute, while call connection charges are effectively a minimum fee for each call connected and lift call charges significantly.
3. Check if all features of the systems are included in the subscription price. Some pricing models include only the most basic system and exclude many features which must then be added on at additional fees in order to operate a professional landline service.
4. Check online client testimonials and reviews to ensure the provider has a history of reliable customer service support.
5. Check details such as contract cancellation policies, and duration of the contract.
For a more detailed breakdown on how to assess hosted PBX providers and virtual landline providers, read our guide on how to assess telephony quotes.